Haif Farm is located in Um-Al-Shaal Area, about 1 km west of Riyadh Al-Kharj Highway, some 25 km away from Al-Kharj, just 2 km after exit No. 8 toward Al-Kharj. The Farm, which was developed more than 15 years ago, occupies an area of 10,007,840 m2, with more than one third of its area is cultivated with palm trees and seasonal plants, mainly wheat and berseem (clover). In the meantime, we plan to start production of vegetables in green houses.
In Haif Farm, we apply sound farming practices in growing palm trees and other seasonal plants as well as proper protection of dates to minimize dependence on chemical pesticides. We also apply high standards of veterinary and agricultural techniques to ensure the highest standards of production. Haif farm includes more than 100 well-trained employees and farmers to perform all farming activities from plough to marketing of products including the proper cultivation and storage practices. For irrigation, we use agricultural water wells and advanced center-point irrigation systems, which are leading to steady improvement and expansion of the cultivated area and production.
In all of our activities, we highly observe the hygienic conditions and environmental protection. We always place great importance on increasing the environmental awareness of our employees.
Haif farm comprises the following areas:
- Area cultivated with seasonal plants such as wheat and berseem.
- Area cultivated with palm trees: This area includes more than 9,000 palm tree covering a wide range of best varieties known in Saudi Arabia. The applications of modern techniques in irrigation, pollination, fertilization and thinning enable the farm to provide the finest possible quality of fresh dates. Our well-trained farmers ensure securing the ideal environment for healthy growth and size development.
- Haif Dates Factory.
- Haif Stables
- Live Stock areas for sheep and camels, which includes:
- Sheep area, which includes more than 3,300 sheep.
- Camel area for milk and breeding. One of our camels won the trophy of the finest camel in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2004 & 2006.
- The private palace and all supporting facilities including a Friday Mosque, employees accommodation, warehouses, workshops, etc.
- A small Natural Reserve area for deers.
In addition to the services of Haif Horse Stables and Haif Dates Factory, which are accommodated within Haif Farm, the Farms Services and Products include the following:
- Dates, covering most of the famous dates varieties grown in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, such as: Khalas (Al-Kharj),Sukari (Al-Qaseem), Khalas (Al-Hesa), Sefri, SagaI, Nbout Saif,Nbout Sultan,Muneifi,Sellaj, Serri, and other different types. Dates production is marketed locally or processed through Haif Dates Factory.
- Wheat and Berseem (Clover). The produced quantities of wheat and berseem are marketed locally; wheat to the grain silos and flourmills and berseem to local farmers as animals fodder.
- Sheep, for milk and meat domestic consumption or for local marketing.
- Camels, either for domestic milk and meat production, for breeding, or for participation in shows tournaments locally and in the Gulf Area. One of our camels won the trophy of the finest camel in a prestigious Concours D’elegance (Camel Show) organized in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2004